Monday, October 20, 2008

Allow me a moment to vent

Political season is wrapping up in 15 days, and I do not think I can adequately articulate how nervous I am and how fervently I hope Obama wins.

It's something the other side feels as fervently, but if course in the complete opposite way. Sometimes I am a bit sad that, no matter who wins, nearly 1/2 of our citizens will be unhappy with the outcome; some - many, in fact, will be desperately unhappy.

I know this isn't new, certainly I cried my share if sad, bitter, scared tears in 2004 when Bush beat Kerry. But this time it just feels so much more important and terrifying. This time I really believe there is a person who can bring about the changes we desperately need. I'm fired up about election day and also exhausted from trying to engage in discourse with brick wall Rethuglicans who wouldn't know an unbiased source if it smacked them in their thick prominent brow.

Thanks, that feels better.

1 comment:

JennC said...

Yeah, half the country will be disappointed, but just the asshat half.....My Obama08 lawn sign *finally* arrived! Now I'm just waiting for my "No on 8" sign so we can fully alienate the neighbors....