Sunday, December 14, 2008

Boo!

I realize I'm a crappy blogger. I can blame Facebook somewhat, and also working full-time, and having a toddler, and the holidays, and trying to cook more, and getting into baking. And being obsessed with Season 1 Heroes after Owen is in bed. But I do have a few stories to share lately, so that should make for a few blog entries. I always say I'll try to be better - mostly for my sister because I think she and Jenn and Steph are the only people who read this blog (certainly Keith hasn't read it in months).

******************************

Owen has this adorable habit lately of being unable to resist saying "boo!" when you pull his shirt over his head. When he's happy and willing to get dressed, he says "boo!" when his head pops out of the shirt.

The funniest part about it, though, is that he really can't help himself. I think it's a way he can make getting dressed fun, and I admire his if-you-can't-beat-'em-join-'em attitude because about 80% of the time he isn't happy to get dressed. The other morning he was really mad at me for interrupting his playing to get him dressed for school. He was screaming at me, swinging at me, just really pissed off. I pulled his shirt over his head and while he was hidden he was screaming at me, but when his head pulled through he said "boo!" as though it's hard-wired. Then he went back to screaming at me.

Yesterday morning while I was dressing him he bonked his hand on the dresser when he was playing with a toy and said "Oww!" and cried a bit because his hand hurt, but as soon as his head popped out of the shirt he said "Boo!". I love it.

******************************

This morning, as usual, Owen was waking up before Keith or I were and when I opened my eyes he was looking at me and said softly, "Boo."

*****************************

I seriously wish I had a video camera going full-time, these moments are just the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can add me to the list of people who ready this. Also, the boo stuff is cute until they get into the routine of waking you up at 6 am by YELLING Boo, inches from your face for months. Yup, good times.