Sunday, September 7, 2008

Butt

We have heard from many a reliable source that, at some point, Owen would have a word explosion. That, some day soon, he would just kind of start talking.

Of course we disregarded this, thinking most likely that is just how the process looks in hindsight. But this weekend, at Meg and Adam's lovely fun wedding, Owen really did have a word explosion.

It started off with an adorable moment when Keith showed Owen a picture of Owen and Stew on the patio and Owen pointed to Stew and said "Schteewwww". More words followed. But my absolute favorite was this morning's event: I was crouched down in a squat with my arms out ready to hug Owen running towards me. Instead of running into my waiting arms, he ran around behind my back, put a hand down the back of my pants and said, "BUTT".

No comments: