Thursday, September 11, 2008

Use your words, honey

Last night, Owen was frustrated at the table during dinner, and was causing a ruckus. As he's back arching and screeching in his booster seat, I said to him, "Are you frustrated? Can you tell us what you want? Can you use your words?" And I really do think that he looked at me and telepathically said: Mom. I can tell you that a cow moos. I can say "baa baa" for the sheep sound. I can tell you dogs bark, lions roar, and owls hoot. I can name my shoe. I can name a banana. I say Mama and Daddy. Are you seriously asking me to tell you that I'm frustrated because you won't hand me that wine glass to shatter all over the room?

He had a good point.

1 comment:

JennC said...

At least he didn't give you the "Fuck you MOM" look. I'm waiting for mine to start using their words for that one.....