Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ear infections, thrush, and teething - oh my!




Sorry I've been MIA. I got sick, then Owen got sick, then Keith got sick, then Owen needed new antibiotics, then Owen got thrush from the new antibiotics...and during all of this work has been totally insane & I'm sure my boss is not loving my being gone here and there (but I'd never know it - he's a total angel, and no he doesn't read this blog so that's entirely honest).

But in the meantime I feel like I'm totally out of touch with everyone except my sister who has received frantic phone calls like "What does it mean when he's just...screaming? And he...won't stop?" She is, after all, the expert on all things ear-infection related, so I feel pretty safe that when she says to take him to urgent care - I do, and when she says that the antibiotics will help in a few days - I relax.

We've had a truly wonderful weekend so far, pancakes for breakfast on Saturday, then Gymboree (that place is so fun for Owen), then nap, then lunch, then a playdate with Kai, Monica, and Klaus. Then a fantastic fish dinner cooked by my husband - I ate way more than I should have but it was unbelievable.

Today we've had waffles & bacon for breakfast (ugh, but yum), some fun videotaping Owen and his antics for the grandparents, now Keith is trying to get the boy down for a nap. All-in-all it's been a great morning, even better because our family is starting to recover from this nasty bacterial infection/cold. It's like coming out of a fog (um, or a nasty hangover) and everything seems brighter, calmer, happier, better.

So, I'm sorry we've been so out of touch & would love to hear from everyone. New pics posted on the picasa site (link on the left).

Love to everyone,
Lauren, Keith, & Owen

No comments: