Tuesday, May 20, 2008

UNICEF

This blog is generally about the cute antics of our kiddo. Today I was reading a story on CNN about a 3-year old girl in Ethiopia who weighs less than 10lbs. There has been a horrific drought and food shortage; experts estimate that 120,000 kids will die within a month. I don't mean to be a downer - I know my friends & family come to this blog for some smiles and funny stories, but I also want to maintain perspective on what a wonderful life we have. These stories have always upset me but honestly, it's so much more heartbreaking for me now that I have Owen and think about someone else's baby having to go through that, and how lucky we are to live where we do.

I'm putting the link to UNICEF (United Nations Childrens Fund) in the links section. It's so easy to donate - it can be a one time donation, or a monthly donation, and they make it so easy to set up. I'm not going to send out a group email - I'll just get you innocent folks who happen upon my blog! I figured I spend so much on toys, clothes, sippy cups, whatever for Owen - sometimes a little perspective is a good thing for an American Mama. We are all so blessed and lucky to have what we have.

No comments: