Wednesday, June 18, 2008

When your kid loves other people


Watching Owen with Stew is one of my favorite pasttimes. He LOVES Stew. I mean, Stew walks in the house and it's suddenly "Mama? Who? Oh, you mean the woman with the boobs? Yeah, she's ok." When Stew is there I give him the plate with Owen's dinner because I know he will be more successful than I will at getting Owen to eat some edamame. There's something so heartbreakingly adorable about seeing your child's first other-person crush; he'll walk behind Stew and think that Stew is watching him and he gets this big silly grin and then realizes that Stew didn't see what he just did and will look a little crestfallen...but then he'll peek around Stew's back and catch his eye and crack up, so satisfied with himself for reminding Stew that it's time for The Owen Show.

1 comment:

JennC said...

I love that picture!