Friday, February 22, 2008

A non-Owen post (gasp)

This is for...oh, you know who you are.


So - some other stuff on my mind lately: politics. I'm an avid reader of Daily Kos - a left-leaning website with some fantastic writers and GREAT fact checkers. There was recently a blog - I will put the link off to the left - that wrote about why someone decided to support Obama over Clinton. Now, I could do with either in the White House. Anything is better than what we currently have, we can all admit that I hope. But it's more than that - I feel that Obama has more to offer than policy (though he CERTAINLY has that and the refrain about "all style no substance" makes me want to scream - just check out his website at http://www.barackobama.com/ and you will find a PDF with PAGES of info on his policy ideas). So, the DailyKos recently had an article and in it, the author wrote something that I found so fantastic, so perfectly worded that I felt that I needed to share it with anyone reading this. The author is talking about how Kerry called upon Democrats to filibuster Alito, and even though Alito was eventually put through, the response of the public was heartening.


Obama Finally Got Me


"It finally occurred to me that this is what we need. We The People need to push back against the cynicism, push back against the defeatism, push back against the pacifism, push back against the entrenched interests who depend on our non-participation.

We The People need to take control of our nation back.

Hillary is asking that we place our trust in her, Barack is asking that we place our trust IN US.
This is the Change that he's talking about, and let's just think about what that might mean in the long term future
."

There's more to it, and it's all great.

No comments: