Friday, February 22, 2008

Sleep Success

I would like to let the myriad of readers who have wondered about this know that the Sleep Solution book ROCKS and our new night time routine is fantastic. Owen now knows that it is time to settle down when we sit in the rocker and read Is Your Mama a Llama? and then Goodnight Moon. The first book varies, but he loves Goodnight Moon so much and it seems to be so soothing that I don't dare mess with that selection. I've also tried Kiss Good Night in the first book position, but something about that book makes me want to throw it, and I can't figure out what it is, so for now, we're going with Is Your Mama A Llama until we find some other 1st book options. See, these are the things that you think about when you're setting up a nighttime ROUTINE folks. The book has to be soothing to the kid, yes of course, but also the PARENT.

We then walk down the hall saying good night to the pots and pans, good night to Louie (the dancing devil on the wall), good night to the thermostat, good night to Cate, Ava, and Jack on the wall. You get the picture. Then we snuggle for a bit in bed, then he goes into his crib. I think it's fair to say that Keith and I have been pretty shocked at how easily he's transitioned out of being carried in the Ergo to being put to sleep in the crib. Now we just need to figure out how to get him to stay in the crib at night, sleep through the night, and not be attached to my boob from 10pm-6am. First things first: we need more books for spot #1.

No comments: