Tuesday, July 22, 2008

For my homies

This one is going out to my sister, Erin - HOLLA! She told me this morning, "You haven't updated your blog in FOREVER. I've already read Duck Snuggles!!" So...you're saying you don't want to read it every day? Hm.

So, here we go - a new post!

Keith and I got iPhones a week and a half ago. I don't remember my life before Owen, and I also don't remember what I did before the internet. Now, I'm starting to feel the same kind of freaky dependent love for my iPhone. You can check email ANYWHERE! You can read books? Are you lost? No problem - built in GPS with directions! Yellow Pages - no worries! Want to surf the web - have at it. Texting? Phoning? Butofcourse. If I'm talking to my sister and my mom calls, well no problem, I can just ADD the call and make it a conference. Not convinced yet? Well, here is one other option:

The iPhone comes with lots of Applications you can download. For example, I've downloaded a Movie application that finds where I am on GPS and lists all the theaters and showtimes for me. I've also downloaded a reading application that comes with hundreds of free books. There are too many to describe, and probably only 1/100th of them are useful in any sense of the word.

For example, Keith has gone a different direction than me with his application choices. He has downloaded the application that looks like a glass of beer, and when you tilt your iPhone, it looks like you're emptying it (haha! DRINKING THE BEER!). He has also downloaded the application that has a cowbell - you tap it with your finger and it makes (you guessed it!) the cowbell sound! Hours of fun. But, my favorite one is the one that translates what you dictate. I don't remember what it is called and if Keith were here and not out buying me booze he could remind me, but essentially you can record up to 15 seconds of dictation and it translates it into notes automatically. He showed me his test and true to claim I saw the words "Does this thing really work?" So I dictated a shopping list: bananas, cheerios, salsa, paper towels. It gave me this: "I am tired. Me bill."

Totally.

No comments: