Thursday, July 3, 2008

There are other things in my life, you know

Just reading all this biting nonsense, then sitting back and thinking about the past few weeks...it occurred to me that I haven't commented at all on the amazing visit from Jess. Anyone reading this likely knows that Jess is one of my best friends who cruelly left Jenn, Kate, Joie, and I alone to wade through the relative dearth of hilarious drunken instigators remaining in OC. At least the ones we would ever care to hang out with.

We had girls night on Saturday night at Kate's (favorite moments: Jenn describing her 80/20 2-word life-organization philosophy and I asked her if her two words were "canisters" and "clutter" - she claimed they were "motherfucker" and something else but I was working so hard not to pee my pants after all that that I missed the second word. I'm pretty sure it was her 20 anyway, and I'm pretty sure it was "canisters". To be fair, mine would be "Target" and "clutter" so I wasn't exactly throwing stones from my stone castle).

Sunday was a picnic at the park with all the kiddos and some of the girls (missed you, Joie). Lucky for us the park had a fantastic watering toy, so everyone stayed cool. (favorite moment: Kate and Owen's nose-kiss). Click on pic to make it larger.



Monday night was dinner at the Melting Pot. There were too many moments to describe, and I'm sure I won't do any of them justice, but I wish we could do it every Monday. I often forget how funny Jess is, and how she makes me laugh like no one else. How we all know each other so well that a look, a word, a gesture sends us dissolving into ridiuculous cackling. I know we're never going to convince her to move back here, but I certainly hope she knows how missed she is.

No comments: